Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Unbelievable.....

I was intending on declaring a math minor today. But it turns out that I'm missing one class that would allow me to declare: precalculus. PRECALCULUS! I'm already taking a business calculus course and now they said that the business calc course is different from their regular calc course, therefore I need to fulfill the precalc prerequisite. That is extremely frustrating. Now I'm debating whether I should take a precalc class over the summer or I should just self-study my way through the Actuarial exams. Without a math minor, I won't be able to take a lot of the classes that will help be become more familiar to the material on the exams. What a bummer.

Edit: I've just realized that I can take a placement test in order to become exempt from taking that class. I am definitely going to sit for that exam.

No comments: